OpenGovernment is free and non-partisan public resource for government transparency. Finally, a version of OpenCongress.org for state legislatures.
We combine official government information with news coverage, blog gets, campaign contributions, and more to make bills easier to understand. Find, track, and share everything in the legislature.
Legislators in the News
Minnesota State Legislature
en-MN, states, show, current_session
en-MN, states, show, state_population
en-MN, states, show, next_election_date
No data for last election date.
en-MN, states, show, current_session_intro
Here are more links with background on the Minnesota government and the best online explanations of how its legislative branch works:
- The official website of the Minnesota State Legislature
- The Transparency and Accountability Project for Minnesota, a government website making budget, spending and contracting information more easily accessible
- Wikipedia articles on the House of Representatives and Senate
- Ballotpedia on the Legislature, Senate elections, House elections, and ballot measures
- OpenCongress pages for MN federal legislators, including senators and representatives.
- OpenCongress Wiki's list of Minnesota state political blogs
- GovLoop - social networking for government, including employees from federal, state, and local government.
- Stateline - a nonprofit, nonpartisan online news site that practices journalism in the public interest by reporting on emerging trends and issues in state policy and politics. A project of the Pew Center on the States
- Sunshine Review - Minnesota, a non-profit organization dedicated to state and local government transparency
- Common Cause - Minnesota, a non-profit, non-partisan citizens' lobby organization
- Draw Minnesota, a non-profit effort to ensure the redistricting process is fair and transparent.>
- Minnesota State Laws online on the Cornell University Legal Information Institute (LII)
- Official MN State Government portal from USA.gov
- Minnesota Public Radio coverage of the legislature, including issue areas such as taxes & finance
- Minnesota Politics Forum on E-Democracy.org, the Executive Director of which, Steve Clift, is based in Minneapolis.
- Search for hashtag #mnleg on the popular closed micro-publishing service, Twitter.
How did we obtain this official government information? Almost no U.S. legislature (including Minnesota) makes its data available in ways that are fully compliant with the community-generated Principles of Open Government Data
, so we had to work around them. Read more about our data sources